Thursday, May 26, 2011

Don't Rock the Boat, turn on some Polka!



Don't touch me! Get your crazy hands off me!  I'm telling Human Resources, we have a No Touching policy!  If you touch them, you will be FIRED!  Hands Off!  NO!  Don't Touch Me!



 
I wouldn't say I am a touchy feely person, I actually would prefer people just come in and give me a nice wave, no handshaking, no courtesy hugging, maybe a lit'l jig of sorts.  Maybe that square dancing move called the "Dosey Doe" I learned in elementary school.... about time I put that to good use. 



Now of course w friends and family, we can rub on each other all day, its the stranger action I get phobic of. Aaron is always introducing me to new people, he is in the makeup industry and has amazing networking skills. He knows so many people, he works the phone, he facebooks, he travels. So by default I'm constantly being introduced to new folks, these are all wonderful people. We chat, laugh & cocktail. My concern is at what point do me and this newbie go from stranger to hug buddies?  Was it drink # 2 or #4?  If it's a straight dude can I get some bro hug action or do I get the head bob with a finger in the air saying catch yah later. Omgosh!  Its enough to drive me mad. I'm guessing some would tell me to relax or as my friend Missy would say "stay frosty". Ok, I'll keep it together, Ill stay back and let the moment reveil itself to me.  If lips come my way, I'll pucker up.  If someone throws double arms in the air, I'm going to pull em in and squeeze but I certainly won't encourage the moment, maybe I'll start a drooling habit to curb the opportunity.  Ok.

There is this gay bar in my neighborhood called Touche', it is  leather bar with a reputation of being a tad forward in how guests relate to one another, so in lieu of the name most people refer to it as Touchies. For the record, I have never patronized this establishment, I prefer getting my cocktail on next door at Jackhammer. Yeah, not sure what that name implys.  :)


7 comments:

  1. I believe a puck in the gob is better than a hug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackhammer. Hmmmm I can think of something but I'm not going to say.

    I'm kind of a touchy person. But not a huggy. And I certainly won't invade your space. I hate space invaders. The people, not the game. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't mind the hug from people I know, and know well, but it's the acquaintances that want the hug that make me raise my shields and take a step back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stay Frosty TBONE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I get downright mad at people who touch me without there being some substantial relationship in place before hand.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha...stay frosty, I dig.

    I'll steer clear of Touchies...and meet ya at the Jackhammer. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So your trip to Vienna must have been touchy horror :P

    ReplyDelete