Do people with accents know they have one?
It is blazing summer dayz here in chicago. Fourth of july weekend is nearly upon us and I am so stoked. Aaron and I have plans to go out and visit my sister and her family, which consists of a history teaching football coach hubby a tweenie Justice wearing girlie and a fire red head soccer playin lit'l rascal. They've just moved to a bigger home and have invited us to partake in festivity and fun from their scenic view deck.
A few weeks back aaron and I traveled out to The Great State of Michigan to celebrate his sisters marriage. There was a large gathering afterward of friends and family. We drank, swam, chatted, corned holed, and played a round of horse shoes.
Horseshoes is a game where from a distance of 35 to 50 feet you attempt to toss a 2 1/2 pound horse shoe towards a metal post in the ground. If you manage to connect with the post it is called A Ringer and you get 3 points. There are other scenarios where if you come close you get a few points ie. touchin the pole (oh my), or bouncin off the pole (2x oh my). These rules didn't seem to matter to the game I was playing because I didn't come anywhere close to that damn pole, I was horrible at it. Tossing a horseshoe for me was the equivalent of Sister Nun Cheryl trying on a garter belt, it was just not gonna happen
I picked up a guitar once and felt the same sensation. As much as I wanted to be a rocker dude wailing away at strings I just couldn't fathom getting anything pretty to come out of it. I think as I've grown I have been able to determine what it is that I can & can not do.
- I'm not ever going to horseshoe again unless it is with a hammer and I'm nailing one to the foot of a horse while sittin on a bale of hay. Poor horsey
- I'm never going to learn how to play guitar, maybe a flute, but not a guitar
- I will never become an IT professional, the computer code is alien to me, where did these computer geniuses come from?
- I will never solve the Rubiks Cube, who are these people that can flip flap their way through one in seconds?
- I will never go running shirtless, I look like ET when Elliot finds him all pale and lying lifeless in a creek.
I've accepted my life plan w/o these experiences and I'm OK with it, just fine. There's plenty of things I can do like:
- Yell out Teka Pee and Teka Poo in my neighborhood while walkin my 2 yorkies
- Stir up a pitcher of crystal lite in under 2 mins
- Put a mean set of ponderossa grill marks on aarons steak, got that criss cross action down pat